Grade: Band 5
Salary: £26,777 - £30,544 (including London allowances)
Contract type: Permanent (full time)
About the job
The NC3Rs is looking for an Online Communications Officer to help to build and maintain our websites and online resources, alongside engaging our stakeholders through general interest news articles, targeted mail-outs and our social media channels.
The NC3Rs has a range of websites which are critical to the development and implementation of the 3Rs. These include:
- www.nc3rs.org.uk is the main NC3Rs website providing contemporary and comprehensive 3Rs information to over 20,000 visitors a month from around the world.
- www.crackit.org.uk is a site dedicated to the CRACK IT open innovation programme, run by the NC3Rs. This supports the development of marketable products and improved business processes with 3Rs benefits, through a challenge-led competition. It also includes the technology partnering hub, CRACK IT Solutions.
There are also a range of topic specific microsites which focus on specific areas of interest e.g. www.nc3rs.org.uk/macaques, www.marmosetcare.com and www.procedureswithcare.org.uk. These are often developed in collaboration with experts in the field and involve many different partner organisations.
The main responsibilities of the role are outlined below:
- To disseminate and promote 3Rs information and resources to key stakeholders, primarily in the scientific community using the NC3Rs online resources and social media.
- To ensure that the website content across the NC3Rs website and microsites is kept up to date.
- Update website content across the NC3Rs website, microsites liaising with relevant staff members as appropriate, using Drupal and Wordpress content management systems.
- Work alongside the communications team to produce and edit copy for the website (predominantly general interest news stories).
- Source and edit new images, video and other material to support the website.
- Assist with the design of marketing and promotional materials for NC3Rs-related activities.
- Track and report on website metrics.
- Manage social media accounts and ensure the timely dissemination of content.
- Produce the monthly NC3Rs newsletter.
- Provide advice and training for NC3Rs staff on the website.
- Ensure consistency with the organisation brand and style at all times.
- Other ad hoc activities as required.
Please visit the vacancy portal for further information, including on how to apply.
Please remember to submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the essential criteria.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 2 August.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 15 August.
Choosing to work for the NC3Rs means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a final salary pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement, to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and childcare vouchers.