SafeSciMet are offering an interactive program using case studies from the industry, to discuss the latest developments in in vitro models of drug safety asessment.
Experts from academia and industry will come together in this 3 day course to provide a review of different 3D microtissue and fluid-flow bioreactors used in toxicology and drug screening with a concise overview of the technologies, advantages and cost.
Course highlights include:
- Use of 3D micro-tissues in drug safety assessment
- Differences between micro-fluidic and macro-flow bioreactors
- Use of different cell types: mono- versus multi-cell cultures
- Advances in organ specific 3D systems for toxicity testing: skin, cardiac and liver
- Physiological and toxicological phenotyping
- Imaging of 3D in vitro models
- End points, through-points including biomarkers in 3D systems
Register for the event at this link. The deadline to register for the course is May 7 2016.
View the brochure for the event at this link.