The online LASA annual conference will be spread over a total of 6 afternoons in mid/late November (16-18 and 23-25 November, 1-4.30pm GMT). The scientific programme is available to download – this year's theme is “looking beyond Coronavirus”, with something to interest everyone!
- Culture of care within facilities, how this was affected during the pandemic and how it has been altered for the future.
- The world of virtual teaching and training. What has worked well and how can this be further developed? Learning from educators’ experiences to teaching online, blended learning and social distancing challenges during the pandemic.
- Colony management moving forward from Covid-19.
- Let’s learn from our medical colleagues and intensive care medicine.
- Large animal models and vaccine development, including facility responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The programme will also feature:
- Expert keynote speakers.
- E-posters and videos.
- Virtual exhibition.
- 'Trade rooms' - visit exhibitors for informative sessions and workshops.
- Easy-to-use interactive platform.
- User chat and facetime functions.
All presentations will be recorded and will be available for registrants to watch on demand for several months after the main event. The virtual platform is very interactive so will allow for networking opportunities between delegates and Trade partners alike.
Call for abstracts
The LASA 3Rs section conveners are inviting submissions for spoken presentations on any aspect of the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction and Refinement) to be given at the 2021 LASA virtual annual conference. They are particularly interested in hearing about techniques which have been utilized during the recent Covid-19 pandemic (e.g. contingency refinements/developments) and new 3Rs advances that are supported by scientific data but will consider other submissions. The closing date for submissions is Monday 16 August – download more information on the conference website.
Abstracts for online posters are also being requested, with submissions closing on Friday 29 October.