This April we are launching a new collaboration with Unilever within the field of non-animal safety assessment. As part of this collaboration, Unilever will be co-funding a number of our PhD Studentship awards. This meeting will allow potential applicants to find out more about the scheme, network with fellow researchers and discuss ideas with staff from both Unilever and the NC3Rs.
The NC3Rs Studentship awards embed the 3Rs in the training of graduate scientists from a broad range of scientific backgrounds and there are up to three joint awards available for 2019.
The joint Unilever-NC3Rs Studentships will focus on the following areas:
- Local exposure – microbiome, skin, lung
- Clearance mechanisms – renal, liver metabolism
- Repeat dosing
- Non-animal models with human focus
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from NC3Rs grant holders and Unilever researchers applying the 3Rs within the safety assessment field.
- Learn about the PhD Studentship scheme and hear tips on how to apply.
- Have a one-to-one with a member of NC3Rs or Unilever staff.
- Network with fellow researchers, potential collaborators and meet with Unilever and NC3Rs representatives.
Attendance is free, but registration is essential. The closing date for registration is 27 March 2019. If you would like to book a one-to-one session, please add your interest in the "Other requirements" section on the registration page or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note these sessions will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
You will need an NC3Rs website account to register. Please use your institutional email address when registering.
Further information on the PhD Studentship scheme can be found on the scheme webpage.