Terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the Macaque Website.
Access to and use is provided by the NC3Rs subject to the following:
- Your use of the Macaque Website constitutes acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use.
- We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Views and opinions of non-NC3Rs groups or individuals that appear on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the NC3Rs.
- We do not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes or services linked from or provided within this website.
- This website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons contained herein are provided “as is” and on an “is available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind.
- In no event will we accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the use or loss of use of this website.
- We do not warrant that the service continuity of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free. Nor that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or defects.
The Macaque Website includes links to external websites that we believe provide useful information that will be of use to users. We do not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and are not responsible for their availability, reliability or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider.
The existence of a link from any organisation’s site to the Macaque Website does not imply that we endorse the activities or views of that organisation and may not be used to imply endorsement of their website, related products or services, or for any other commercial purposes.
If you require descriptive text about the NC3Rs to use on your site, you may use the following:
The NC3Rs is a UK scientific organisation that focuses on the development, promotion and implementation of the 3Rs (replacement, reduction andof the use of animal in research).
- All copyrights in the website, including logos, illustrations, photos, sound, scripts, animation and other material appearing on the website, otherwise known as “content”, belong to the NC3Rs or third parties authorising the NC3Rs to use the copyrights.
- Users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the website any image, video or graphic (in whole or in part) without the prior written permission of the NC3Rs.
- Users may download and save electronic documents, audio files and forms from the website and print or listen to these for personal use, but such forms, files and documents remain the copyright of the NC3Rs.
The supply of any copy to a third party is permitted for their personal use provided that:
- It is acknowledged that the NC3Rs Macaque Website is the source of the material, including the relevant web address (www.nc3rs.org.uk/macaques) in the copy of the material.
- The third party is informed that these licence conditions apply to him/her and he/she must comply with them.
- It is not supplied as part of another work or publication.
- It is not supplied directly in return for commercial gain.
Any requests to reproduce materials outside the scope of this licence should be addressed to email@example.com
Accuracy of information
We will not be liable for any losses or damage that may result from use of the Macaque Website as a consequence of any inaccuracies in, or any omissions from, the information, which it may contain.
We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of inclusion. The information on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. It may be out of date at the time of access by the visitor. We are not liable for any error or omission in, or any failure to update, the information on this site and any decisions based on the information are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to this website at any time without notice.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
The NC3Rs is an independent scientific organisation, tasked by Government with supporting the UK science base through the application of the 3Rs. Though it is represented legally by the Medical Research Council (“the MRC”), the NC3Rs is managed independently. To avoid doubt references to the NC3Rs shall mean the MRC in relation to actual legal or contractual liability, loss, right or obligation.