Monday 5 – Wednesday 7 June, 12.00 – 16.00 (BST) daily
Through a combination of lectures, practical activities and tutorials, this online workshop will focus on the major steps required to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies using the freely available online platform Systematic Review Facility (SyRF).
This workshop, delivered over three half days by the CAMARADES group, is free to attend for all researchers and would be particularly useful to those who have never undertaken a systematic review before.
The course will cover:
- What a systematic review is and why you should perform one.
- The components of a good research question.
- The components of a protocol.
- The importance of preregistering your protocol and where to register.
- How to develop an accurate systematic search strategy.
- How to screen records for inclusion against pre-set criteria.
- The steps required for data extraction including study design information and quantitative data.
- How to assess studies for risk of bias and reporting.
- How to conduct meta-analysis of effect size data using R.
- How to report your completed systematic review.