In response to feedback from delegates at previous year's meetings, the theme for the 2008 Primate Welfare Meeting was breeding and supply. Ninety delegates from 43 organisations attended the meeting. The programme included presentations from international speakers covering both practical and strategic issues -
- Breeding systems
- Genetic and colony management
- Rearing and development
- Accommodation and environmental enrichment
- Preparation of animals for research
- Importation and transportation
- Accreditation systems
- International harmonisation
A note of the meeting is available.
In addition to the main meeting, the NC3Rs co-ordinated visits for the speakers to UK primate facilities.