The Safety Pharmacology Society (SPS) are hosting their annual meeting in Washington, DC, in September/October 2018.
Highlights of the Annual Meeting will include:
- A dynamic forum for best practice sharing within industry, CRO’s, academics and regulators
- Scientific Sessions organized by SPS Members
- Sessions on some of the hottest topics in safety pharmacology related research
- 6 CE Courses taught by experts in the field
- Plenary Keynote Speakers by a key opinion leaders
- Exhibit hall offering access to industry vendors
- Poster sessions featuring cutting-edge research
- Networking opportunities with a global community of scientists from regulatory, industry, and academia
- Award opportunities to bring together Student and Jr. Investigators with seasoned scientists, while sharing their research
- Exhibitor Sponsored Sessions by leading technology and service providers showcasing their new offerings and research
Dr Luigi Margiotta-Casaluci (Brunel University) will be presenting a poster on ‘Development of an Adverse Outcome Pathway (AOP) for Cardiotoxicity Mediated by the Blockade of L-Type Calcium Channels’ resulting from the recent NC3Rs strategic award.
Dr Elisa Passini (Oxford University) will be presenting a poster on ‘Human in Silico Trials on Drug-Induced Changes in Electrophysiology and Calcium Dynamics using the Virtual Assay software’ resulting from the NC3Rs Infrastructure for Impact award.
Sam Jackson (NC3Rs Programme Manager) will be presenting preliminary results from work conducted by the NC3Rs FOB/Irwin working group, in a poster entitled ‘Results of a Survey on the Use of the Functional Observational Battery (FOB) and Irwin Tests in Central Nervous System (CNS) Safety Pharmacology’.
Visit the meeting website for more details.