Funding Panel vacancies
Our Funding Panels are responsible for assessing the scientific excellence and 3Rs impact of diverse, innovative applications for research and career development funding, and advising the budget holder on funding decisions. Each Panel acts as a single decision-making body, with all members sharing collective responsibility for its decisions.
We are currently inviting applications from talented researchers to become Panel members from January 2024 for the following Panels:
- Grant Assessment Panel
- Partnerships and Impact Assessment Panel
- Studentship Assessment Panel
The deadline for applications is 16.00 (GMT), 20 November 2023.
We particularly welcome applications from currently under-represented groups, including women and ethnic minority researchers, and researchers with disabilities or long-term conditions.
- Cancer biology (particularly simple and complex in vitro models)
- Genetics (including in vivo and in vitro model systems; genome editing and sequencing)
- Developmental biology
- Cellular and molecular neuroscience
- Tissue engineering (particularly bone and musculoskeletal biology)
- Infection and immunobiology (including skin and intestinal microbiome expertise)
- Mathematical and computational modelling for different biological applications (including analysis of large complex data sets)
- Statistics and experimental design (a background in in vitro studies is desirable)
Applications are particularly welcomed from individuals who also have:
- Industry experience
- Interdisciplinary expertise
We also ask that prospective Panel members have a sound knowledge of experimental design and statistical approaches to ensure the highest standards of methodological rigour.
If you have any queries, or you would like further information, please email email@example.com.